Training & Certification
Training & certification programs help ensure that you and your team members understand how to effectively use all the features and functionality of the Amanda platform.
Training & Certification
Amanda™ has been developed using state of the art technology with a powerful user interface. CSDC recommends training for all users and administrators. Our training program is flexible and configurable to your needs so let us know if you need a custom designed package.
Amanda™ Certification raises the professional standard and enables you and your team members to stand out from the pack. Certification enables you and your team members to be recognized for demonstrating and maintaining a high level of expertise with the Amanda™ platform.
Amanda Admin Training
- Admin & Application Framework Orientation
- Address Configuration: Learn the concept of the Address tables and columns and understand how to create valid address values.
- Attachment Configuration: Learn how to create attachment types and understand the concept of info fields and various field types that can be created and associated with the attachment types.
- User Configuration: Learn how to create and manage users that login and use Amanda for back office tasks. Learn how to configure access controls and assign the necessary permissions to manage their day-to-day activities on Amanda. Understand the concept of trusted user, create departments and groups and learn how to associate signature codes with users.
- People Configuration: Learn how to define people types, status types, import/export activities and set up default values for people types.
- Property Configuration: Learn how to define property types, status types, and import/export activities and set up default values for property types.
- Folder Configuration: Learn how to create valid values such as folder types, sub types, work types, folder groups, and how to configure the default values for different folder types.
- Fee & Payment Configuration: Learn how to create different fee types, payment types and how to set up GL account numbers.
- Process Configuration: Learn how to create process types, disciplines, process groups, attempts, and how to setup default process values and deficiency configurations.
- Procedures Configuration: Learn about each type of procedure and how/when they are triggered within Amanda. Write stored procedures and business rules for performing automated tasks and updates.
- Lookup Configuration: Learn how to create lookup tables and writing business rules that use the lookup tables.
- Document Configuration: Learn how to create merge documents including single-merge and multi-merge including the use script-less document configuration.
- Clause Configuration: Learn how to setup clauses that can be reused in various places in Amanda.
- Batch Scheduler Configuration: Learn how to create scheduler procedures, batch Jobs and how to setup patterns to generate reports and perform update operations. Optional module
- Custom Reports Configuration: Learn how to configure reports that can be generated from various locations in Amanda.
- Personalization: Learn how to create freeform(s) that can be used in people, property, folder and process tables. Freeforms enable you and your team to design your own tabs and pages.
- Email Notifications: Learn how to setup email templates using scripting and script-less techniques and how to use the templates throughout the Amanda platform.
- Scan Station: Learn how to effectively use your Scan Station module to scan and upload external documents directly into the Attachment tabs. Optional module
Amanda User Training
- Learn the basic concepts using examples from the Permits, Business License and Professional License standpoint to get an overall idea about the application. Basic concepts of the main entities: Folder, People and Property.
- Amanda Orientation: Login to Amanda and understand the application framework. Understand the different parts of the screen such as Menu Bar, tools, etc. and what they are used for. Setup User preferences, including My Office.
- People: Learn how to add, edit and manage People records.
- Property: Learn how to add, edit and manage Property records.
- Folder: Learn how to add, edit and manage different Folders including the end to end life cycle of a Folder. Review all the options, buttons, tabs and other features. Learn about Task Lists for Process management. Learn how to generate basic reports.
Amanda Business Analyst (ABA) Certification
Designed for Business Analysts who are the bridge between Amanda users and Amanda Administrators. Exam candidates must have sufficient knowledge about Amanda and understand the technology behind creation of Folders, people, and property, including knowledge on Amanda Admin configuration and procedure triggers. Exam candidates should also understand how to identify procedural issues.
Amanda Product Specialist (APS) Certification
Product Specialists with good knowledge on Amanda Administration qualify for this exam. Exam candidates must have similar knowledge as business analysts (see above) and will login as multiple users and navigate to different areas of Amanda, explaining how the tasks are performed while selecting relevant screenshots.
Amanda Configuration Specialist (ACS) Certification
Exam candidates should be part of the core technical team and/or experienced with the configuration of Amanda. Candidates will need to build Folder Types and Process Types including writing, editing and updating business rules. ACS exam candidates should be technically sound in writing SQL scripts for SQL/Oracle DBs.