CSDC Systems is a leading provider of Enterprise Solutions for Governments, Public Sector Agencies and large organizations. Our solutions help improve Governance, Compliance, Accessibility, and Unlimited Process Automation.
As a member of our Professional Services team, the successful candidate will work in a team-based environment and be responsible for participating in functional specifications and design efforts, coding, and testing of custom components, integrations, and data conversion and migration activities for CSDC’s partners and customers. In addition, the candidate will analyze and provide solutions for client issues. The Systems Integration Specialist will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve systems/software application issues reported by internal and external clients.
- Assist senior team members with software coding, testing, debugging, documentation, and installation tasks, gaining exposure to the product and best practices.
- Conduct basic detailed analysis of requirements, use cases, functional specifications and technical documentation.
- Ability to interact with cross-functional team members and effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Contribute to the overall product planning by providing accurate task estimates for assigned tasks.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of industry standard best practices
- Results-oriented and able to work under pressure with enthusiasm for solving interesting problems.
Knowledge & Experience
- Previous 1+ years of software development experience in a Software Development Life Cycle.
- Strong knowledge of JAVA, J2EE Web frameworks and Object-oriented patterns and principals.
- Experience in Web Application Software such as JBoss, WebLogic, and/or WebSphere.
- Experience in Open Source Development Tools and Frameworks such as Eclipse, JSP/JSF, AJAX
- Experience in RDBMS (Oracle and/or SQLServer)
- Good understanding of Windows and/or Linux/Unix operating system.
Experience working with any of the following software and application skills would be an asset;
- Automated build tools; Ant
- Testing Frameworks; Junit, testNG
- Hibernate and Spring.
- Web security understanding
- XML and Web services
- JProfiler and other profiling tools
- Cognos BI
- Virtual environments such as VMware
- Post-secondary graduate with an area of concentration in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and technical problem solving skills.
- Must be energetic and enthusiastic, with a passion for software quality.
- Self-motivated, strong initiative and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as with a team to deliver a quality product on time.
- Capability to learn new skills and technologies quickly.
- Resourceful, self-starter; desire to take ownership of assigned activities.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in Canada.
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario Canada.
- Must be willing to apply for Secret level security clearance.