Senior Database Developer
CSDC Systems Inc. is seeking two motivated and results-oriented Senior Database Developers looking for an exciting career in leading Software Product Implementation. You will be responsible for product configuration and implementation. This position requires a unique blend of technical expertise, design skills, programming skills, and customer-facing skills. Need someone with very strong Verbal and Written communication. Presentation skills and ability to effectively synthesize operational, risk, business and technical issues will be a huge plus.
Established in 1989, CSDC Systems Inc. designs and implements software called AMANDA. Used by government agencies at the state, provincial and local levels throughout North America and the Caribbean AMANDA helps them automate many of their core business processes. AMANDA helps leading governments transform how they do business to enable operational efficiency so they can better serve their citizens.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Mandatory Hands on development.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts to understand business objectives.
- Review and support preparation and sign-off documentation.
- Estimate the effort required to build necessary programs.
- Liaise with multiple tech teams (work well with others).
- Prepare, coordinate execute Unit, System and User testing
- Prepare and deliver technical training.
- Support client facing UAT (User Acceptance Testing) sessions.
- Manage multiple deadlines and milestones.
- Monitor progress and report status updates to CSDC Project Manager
- Track and communicate issues and proactively troubleshoot to resolve problems.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to work both creatively and analytically in high-stress environments
- Up to 20% Travel is required throughout Canada and USA.
- Strong coding experience in PL/SQL and/or T-SQL.
- Must have a solid knowledge of database internals, data structures, and tuning strategies.
- Experience in tuning Database Packages, Stored Procedures as part of fine-tuning the application.
- Must be able to debug the work flow of large packages.
- Strong data analysis, ETL and Reporting Skills
- Experience in working with large amounts of data and large transactions.
- Strong ORACLE tools (SQL Loader, Explain Plan, Data pump etc...) OR Sql Server tools (Sql Server Profiler, DB Tuning Advisor)
- Experience with code versioning and change management concepts.
- Experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation).
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Visio and Office Suite
- Public sector experience is an asset
- Land management, permitting and licensing domain experience is an asset